Need some LARP Inspiration? Here’s my list of movies, TV, books, and more that will inspire your next live action role play!
- Lord of the Rings - Hands down the best trilogy, I grew up watching LOTR and dreaming about dressing up like an elf.
- The Hobbit - another masterpiece, there are so many gorgeous costumes in this movie it hurts.
- The Chronicles of Narnia - This is one of my favourite movies, I hate the White Witch but love her outfit!
- The Dark Crystal - One of my childhood faves!
- Ladyhawke - Super old school, I grew up watching this with my dad. I love the 80’s beats laid down behind the epic medieval scenes and beautiful costumes that Michelle Pfeiffer wears. There is also a band called Ladyhawke and they are amazing as well!
- Vikings - This series inspired my character, Ylva Loof’s costume. I absolutely love Lagartha! If you haven’t seen this series yet, do yourself a favour and binge it on Netflix.
- The Last Kingdom - Lots of great Viking style LARP inspiration in this series.
- Game of Thrones - This is a no brainer, if you haven't seen GOT you must be living on another planet!
- Outlander - The costumes in this series are absolutely breathtaking, as well as the chemistry between Jamie and Claire.
- The Shannara Chronicles - Based off the books, this is a great one to watch for character inspiration.
- Game of Thrones - I love the books as much as the TV show! George R R Martin might hate his fans, but he is one incredible writer!
- Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett - Fun and quirky pretty much sums up all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series books.
- Harry Potter - The Half Blood Prince is still my fave!
- Wizard’s First Rule - The first book in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, there is a lot of great costume ideas.
- The Earthsea Books - I just started this series, and I adore it! Lots of wizards and spells and nerdy goodness.
- Of Science And Swords - A great range of armour and weaponry, you can find everything you need for LARP on their new website!
- Epic Armoury - Again, a great site with lots to choose from.
- Arm Street - Stunning photography, I love browsing their site for ideas and dreaming about one day owning it all.
- Medieval Fight Club - I ordered a lot of my Viking character, Ylva's costume from this shop.
- Critical Role - a podcast where voice actors play dnd, you will love listening to their adventures and getting inspired for your next LARP!
Looking for more Nerdy goodness? Check out Things I Love.